To kick off the summer season, American Routes is riding the airwaves to exotic destinations, swinging and surfing to all manner of beachside rhythms from the Beach Boys, Toots and the Maytals, Wilco, and the Kinks. We also stay home to bask in the sultry heat of "Summertime," composed by George Gershwin and novelist Dubose Heyward in 1934 for the opera Porgy and Bess. It's one of the most covered tunes in the American songbook with over thirty thousand renditions. We'll hear takes from Janis...
CD of the Week
- It's Impossible To Reconcile XXXTentacion's Art With His Violent Life
- Arrest Made In The Murder Of Rapper XXXTentacion
- After 80 Years, The Barbershop Harmony Society Will Allow Women To Join
- Paul McCartney Releases 2 New Songs, Announces New Album 'Egypt Station' For Fall
- Facing Police, Pusha T Remains Stoic In 'If You Know You Know' Video