Here is who to listen for this week on World Café with host Talia Schlanger:
Monday, May 21st – Nashville: Ashley Campbell
Ashley Campbell didn’t plan on a music career - she initially joined her father, the original Rhinestone Cowboy Glen Campbell, on the road just hoping for a fun vacation. Fast forward several years and she now has a debut album, The Lonely One. She talks about how studying improv comedy influenced her songwriting and shares memories of her late father...
CD of the Week
- Sony Looks To Spend Billions Expanding Its Music Publishing Dominance
- George Clinton, Doctor Of The Mothership, Prescribes Funk In 'Medicaid Fraud Dogg'
- Michael Jackson's Gravity-Defying Lean Continues To Fascinate
- Woman Sues R. Kelly In New York Alleging Sexual Battery And False Imprisonment
- Reggie Lucas, Guitarist And Producer Of Madonna's Debut, Has Died