We remember feminist author and the first female president of Smith College, Jill Ker Conway. She died Friday at the age of 83. She was raised on a remote sheep farm in Australia, where her first schooling was through correspondence. She wrote three acclaimed memoirs. The first, The Road From Coorain about her life in Australia (1989) was the basis for a Masterpiece Theatre film on PBS. Her second memoir about coming to America where she attended Harvard, True North, and then A Woman's...
CD of the Week
- Drake Pulls The Nostalgia Card: Two 'Degrassi' Fans Dissect The Video For 'I'm Upset'
- So It's Come To This: Apparently Ryan Adams Is A Weatherman Now
- Elvis Presley's Longtime Drummer, D.J. Fontana, Has Died
- Fire Sweeps Through Museum Of History In Kurt Cobain's Hometown Of Aberdeen
- Marshmello Wins Fortnite Tourney, Raises $1 Million For Charity (Thanks To A Ninja)