Advisory: City Prepares Residents for Return to Neighborhoods; Coffey Park & Fountaingrove
The City of Santa Rosa begins controlled re-entry for Fountaingrove residents to return and visit their property on Saturday, October 21 at 10am. Controlled re-entry into the Coffey Park neighborhood resumes on October 21.
Based on public feedback, the controlled access re-entry period for both areas is extended at least through Sunday, October 29, 2017. More details will be provided in the coming days.
RE-ENTRY INTO THESE NEIGHBORHOODS IS ORGANIZED THROUGH CONTROLLED ENTRY POINTS
There will be controlled points of entry to neighborhoods staffed by law enforcement who will verify entry passes and addresses. This controlled entry is designed to allow only residents into their neighborhood, so they have protected time to assess and grieve.
RE-ENTRY CHECK-IN SCHEDULE
- Saturday, October 21, 2017: Residents of both Coffey Park AND Fountaingrove can check in at either of the following locations:
- The parking lot via Round Barn Boulevard at Centrum Place
- Kohl’s parking lot at 3746 Airway Drive
(Note: Residents of Fountaingrove who check in at Kohl’s will complete their ID Verification at the law enforcement entry point at Hopper Avenue at Banyan Place and then may proceed to enter/exit their neighborhood from any controlled entry point.)
- Sunday, October 22, 2017: Residents of Fountaingrove can check in at the following location:
- Round Barn and Round Barn Blvd at Centrum Place
RE-ENTRY INTO NEIGHBORHOOD
- To get an Entry Pass, residents must provide a form of ID. Acceptable forms of ID include a driver’s license or state ID card, passport, utility bill and valid photo ID, or consular ID. School IDs will not be accepted as valid photo ID
- If residents do not have ID, the Local Assistance Center (LAC) can help obtain an ID. The LAC is located at the Press Democrat building - 427 Mendocino Avenue in Santa Rosa.
- Passes for up to two vehicles per property will be issued. Vehicle license plates will be printed on the passes and MUST MATCH the vehicles entering the neighborhood. Residents can have as many family and friends accompany them as they wish, within the two cars per property limit.
- A map that shows available re-entry points will be provided at pass distribution.
RE-ENTRY KITS AND SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
- A re-entry kit with safety supplies will be provided for residents when they pick up their passes.
- Safety instructions for protecting against hazardous chemicals and conditions will also be provided and should be followed.
SUPPORT SERVICES AVAILABLE IN EACH NEIGHBORHOOD
Emotional support services will be offered onsite by the faith community and law enforcement chaplains.
MEDIA ACCESS TO COFFEY PARK AND FOUNTAINGROVE AREA
The City of Santa Rosa appreciates all the work the media has done to keep the public informed while balancing the challenges of thorough coverage and privacy of those most affected. We encourage continued coverage of the disaster with empathy and compassion. Media personnel will be able to access these neighborhoods via the controlled points of entry at the same time as residents. The media has the right to enter all public areas as long as they are not on private property, per State law 409.5 Media credentials will need to be presented to law enforcement at the check points. Media will be provided with a packet with information, similar to what residents will receive. During re-entry, the focus will be on helping members of the community return to their property, providing them with safe, secure, private time, and making certain that they have the support services they need throughout this process.
For full details, view this message on the web.