CAL FIRE Central LNU Complex Incident Update
Published: October 20, 2017 at 7:00 PM
Incident FactsIncident Start Date: 10/08/2017Incident Start Time: 9:45 PMIncident Type: WildfireCause: Under InvestigationIncident Locations: Various locations throughout Sonoma and Napa CountiesAcreage: Total: 107,366 acres
Tubbs Fire: 36,432 acres
Pocket Fire: 16,552 acres
Sonoma Nuns Fire: 34,398 acres
Napa Nuns Fire: 19,984 acresContainment: Total Containment: 86%
Tubbs Fire: 94%
Pocket Fire: 83%
Total Sonoma & Nuns Fires: 86%Firefighter Injuries: 0Civilian Fatalities: 23Expected Full Containment: 10/24/2017Structures Threatened: 155Structures Destroyed: 6,492Structures Damaged: 449SituationCurrent Situation:
Cooler temperatures this evening will bring patchy fog to the area and greatly increase relative humidity, reducing fire activity and allowing firefighters to perform mop up and suppression repair activities throughout the night. The Damage Inspection teams are continuing their assesments and the structure totals will be reflected as the teams confirm their findings.
- Western Mine Rd. and Ida Clayton Rd.
- All of Geysers Rd. from Hwy. 128 to River Rd.
- Hwy. 12 (Napa St.) east to Lovall Valley Rd.
- Community of Glen Ellen (includes everything north of Madrone Rd. to Hwy. 12 & Dunbar Rd. & everything south/west of Hwy. 12 to Jack London State Park & Henno Rd). All streets on the north side of Hwy. 12
- Bennett Valley (includes everything east of the Santa Rosa city limits to Warner Springs Rd. and everything north of Sonoma Mtn. Rd. to Annadel State Park)
All areas in the cities and county of Sonoma that are still in the burn area. Evacuation Advisories:
- Tubbs Road to Lake/ Napa County Line
Please check http://sonomacounty.ca.gov/Public-Safety/ for list of current evacuation centers.
Evacuation Area Updates:
Limited Reentry: The City of Santa Rosa will begin allowing residents to visit their property in several damaged and destroyed neighborhoods today and tomorrow. For more information on the specific locations and how to obtain entry please visit https://srcity.org/2620/Emergency-Information or call (707) 543-4511.
- SR 12 @ Madrone Rd.
- SR 12 @ Trinity
- SR 12 @ Cavedale
- SR 12 @ Adobe Canyon Rd.
- SR 12 @Dunbar
- SR 12 @ Goff Rd.
- SR 12 @ Helmick
- SR 12 @ Arnold Dr.
- Nuns Canyon Rd. @ SR 12
- Sylvia Dr. @ SR 12
- Pythian Rd. @ Circle Ranch Rd.
- Coffey Ln. at Sansone Dr.
- Bennett Valley Rd. @ Sonoma Mtn. Rd.
- Bennett Valley Rd. @ Holly Oak Way
- Bennett Valley Rd. @ Keiser Ranch Rd.
- Bennett Valley Rd. @ Warm Springs Rd.
- Lawndale Rd. @ Warm Springs Rd.
- Lawndale Rd. @ Schultz Rd.
- Wallace Rd. @ Deer Trail Rd.
- Sonoma Mtn. Rd. @ Enterprise Rd.
- Sonoma Mtn. Rd. @ Mtn. Meadow Ln.
- Warms Springs @Sonoma Mtn. Rd.
- San Miguel Rd. at RR tracks
- Skyview Dr. @ Hopper Ave.
- Riebli Rd. @ Cross Creek Rd.
- Opal Way & Loretta Way @ Piner Rd.
- Fountaingrove Pkwy. @ Mendocino Ave.
- Arnold Dr. @ Warm Springs Rd.
- Arnold Dr. @ Martin Dr.
- Yount St. @ Madison St.
- Dry Creek Rd. @ Oakville Grade
- Redwood Rd. @ Browns Valley Rd.
- 889 Wikiup Dr.
- Londonberry Drive @ Hatona Dr.
- Lambert Dr. @ Hatona Dr.
- Pacific Heights Dr. & Old Redwood Hwy.
- Brandee Ln. @ Elwin Ln.
- Hopper Ave. @ Barnes Rd, (Barnes/Dennis access allowed up to 2024 Dennis)
- Ridge Oak Rd. @ Fox Ridge Rd.
- Oakville Grade @ SR 29
- 5339 Vista Grande Dr.
- 590 Caletti Ave. @ Pacific Sanitation
- 3700 Old Redwood Hwy.
- 3540 Mendocino Ave.
- Dead End of Terra Linda Dr.
- 3401 Baldwin Way
- US-101 n/b @ Mendocino Ave.
- Hwy. 29 @ Tubbs Ln. to Western Mine Rd.
- Castle Rd. @ Lovall Valley Rd.
- Old Winery Rd. @ Lovall Valley Rd.
- Thornsberry Rd. @ Lovall Valley Rd.
- Arrowhead Mtn. Rd. @ Napa Rd.
- Brazil St. @ Gehricke Way
- Bicentennial Way @ Mendocino Ave.
- SR 128 west of Russian River @ River Ln.
- 7th St. E @ Lovall Valley Rd.
- Sonoma Mtn. Rd. @ Enterprise Rd.
- Orchard Mobile Home Park
- Sleepy HollowDr. @ Deer Park Dr.
- Fountaingrove Pkwy. @ Daybreak Ct.
- Hadley Hill Rd. @ Kendell Hill Dr.
- Franz Valley Rd. @ Spencer Ln.
- Parker Hill Rd. @ Castlerock Ct.
- Mercie St. @ Lorretta Way
- Bonita Vista Dr. @ Deer Park Dr.
- Dennis Ln. @ Elwin Ln.
- Hadley Hill both north & south access @ Fountaingrove Pkwy.
- Alturia Dr. @ Alturia Heights
- Alturia Dr. @ Kelsey Knolls
- Alturia Dr. @ Fountaingrove Circle
- Pinecrest Dr. @ Orchard Blossom Dr.
- 100 Bicentennial Way
- Lake Park Dr. @ Bicentenial Way
- Poter Creek Rd. @ Calistoga Rd.
- Alpine Rd. @ Calistoga Rd.
- Mountain Home Ranch Rd. @ Calistoga Rd.
- Brookwood Ave. @ Bennett Valley Rd.
- Wikiup Dr. @ Wikiup Court
- Carriage Lane @ Carriage Court
- Varenna @ Fountaingrove Pkwy.
- Brookwood Ave. @ Aston Ave.
For current road closures see roadconditions.sonoma-county.org
Local Emergency OperationsCounty of Sonoma Emergency Operations
- Further detailed information for Sonoma County can be found at:http://sonomacounty.ca.gov/Public-Safety/EOC/
- Or by calling the Emergency Information Hotline (707) 565-3856
- Visit them on Twitter @CountyofSonoma and Facebook @SonomaCountyCAL
- For a real-time map of damage & destroyed structures please visit:http://arcg.is/2ilaaOv
City of Santa Rosa Emergency Operations
- Further detailed information for the City of Santa Rosa can be found at:https://srcity.org/610/Emergency-Information
- Or by calling the Santa Rosa Fire Info. Line (707) 543-4511
Red Cross Assistance
The County of Sonoma and the City of Santa Rosa have opened a Local Assistance Center (LAC) in partnership with FEMA and the California Office of Emergency Services (Cal OES), located at the Press Democrat building, 427 Mendocino Ave. between Ross and 5th Streets, Santa Rosa.
For more FEMA information on the California recovery, visit the disaster webpage at www.fema.gov/disaster/4344.
ResourcesEngines: 401Water Tankers: 41Helicopters: 19Air Tankers: 0Hand Crews: 100Dozers: 39Other: 6Total Personnel: 4,488
Cooperating Agencies: Santa Rosa Police Department, Sonoma County OES, Sonoma County Sheriff's Office, CalOES, California Highway Patrol, California Department of Transportation, CA National Guard, Napa County OES, Napa County Sheriff’s Office, Lake County Sheriff's Office, Lake County OES, Calistoga City Fire, the California Conservation Corp., Oregon State Fire Marshal, Oregon Department of Forestry, California State Parks, City of Calistoga, City of Santa Rosa, City of Sonoma, US Forest Service, and the Bureau of Indian Affairs.