UPDATED: Tuesday, October 10, 2017, 9:37 PM
Tubbs-Nuns Fire currently at 27,000 acres, 0% containment Santa Rosa City Manager, acting as Director of Emergency Services has declared the fires in Santa Rosa as a local emergency.
Santa Rosa Public Information Line: 707-543-4511
For TDD, call 707-543-4536; or you may use the 711 Relay Service
For life-threatening emergencies dial 9-1-1
CURFEW- CURFEW BEING IMPOSED IN MANDATORY EVACUATION AREA FROM SUNSET TO SUNRISE (APPROX 6:45PM and 7:15AM). See civil emergency order here.
TUESDAY AFTERNOON UPDATE
The Tubbs and Nuns fires remain active in Santa Rosa. The evacuation maps have been updated to identify New Mandatory Evacuation areas. Evacuated residents should not attempt to return home until notified by City officials. Mandatory evacuation areas have not been determined clear and safe for return at this point. Our staff are performing safety assessments of burned areas to determine when access will become available. Please continue to check srcity.org/emergency for updates.
If you are near the fire, you can mark yourself safe or search registrants through the red cross website,SafeandWell.communityos.org, as well as facebook.com/crisisresponse/the-tubbs-fire-oct09-2017. To report a missing person, call the Sonoma County Fire and Emergency Department at 707-565-3856.
Please stay off the roads unless necessary, to allow access for public safety. If you need to drive, please proceed with caution. If you experience signal light outages, please proceed as a four-way stop.
A boil water notice has been issued for the evacuated area in Fountaingrove ONLY due to pressure loss in the system.Residents in this area with low or no water pressure must bring all water to a boil before consuming to ensure the water is safe to drink. For more information on the call 707-543-4511 or click here.
EVACUATION ORDERS HAVE BEEN ISSUED FOR RESIDENTS IN THE FOLLOWING SANTA ROSA NEIGHBORHOODS:
Residents need to heed evacuation orders. Evacuation means that you need to LEAVE IMMEDIATELY! DO NOT RETURN TO EVACUATED AREAS UNTIL ORDERS HAVE BEEN LIFTED.
- NEW: Annadel Heights area, bordered north by Parktrail Drive and west by Summerfield Road
- All of Oakmont area east of Melita Road. The Nuns fire has reached the Oakmont area and Oakmont is now surrounded on all three sides by fire.
- Cross Creek Road
- Sky Farm Drive
- Saint Andrews Drive
- All residences north Fountaingrove Parkway
- Montecito Heights
- The Hopper Avenue Area West of Coffey Lane (Between Dennis Lane and Hopper Avenue to the north and south and Coffey Lane and Barnes Road to the east and west)
- All residences east of Fulton Road, between Piner Road and Guerneville Road
- Kaiser Permanente Hospital and Sutter Hospital are being evacuated
- All residences in Rincon Valley north of Montecito Blvd from Brush Creek Road to eastern city limits at Calistoga Road
- In addition the Sonoma County Sheriff has issued evacuation orders at the following areas of unincorporated Bennett Valley: Sonoma Mountain, Bennett Ridge Road, Enterprise Road.
If you are within these areas, EVACUATE NOW.
This is why it is very important that you heed evacuation instructions. These fires have the potential to move quickly.
SHELTERS IN SANTA ROSA:
- Sonoma County Fairgrounds at 1350 Bennett Valley Road, Santa Rosa (LARGE ANIMALS)
- Grace Pavilion in Sonoma County Fairgrounds, 1350 Bennett Valley Rd, Santa Rosa
- Elsie Allen High School, 599 Bellevue Avenue, Santa Rosa (AT CAPACITY, MEDICAL SUPPORT AVAILABLE)
- Finley Community Center at 2060 West College Avenue, Santa Rosa
- Cook Middle School at 2480 Sebastopol Road, Santa Rosa (MEDICAL SUPPORT)
- Santa Rosa Veterans Building at 1351 Maple Avenue, Santa Rosa (THIS SHELTER IS AT CAPACITY)
OTHER KNOWN SHELTERS OPENED BY THE COUNTY
- Sebastopol Community Center at 390 Morris Street, Sebastopol
- Cloverdale Citrus Fair at 1 Citrus Fair Drive, Cloverdale
- Sonoma Valley High School at 20000 Broadway, Sonoma
- Analy High School Gym at 6950 Analy Avenue, Sebastopol (HALF FULL, MEDICAL SUPPORT AVAILABLE)
- Healdsburg Community Center at 1557 Healdsburg Avenue, Healdsburg
- Church of Christ at 370 Sonoma Mountain Parkway, Petaluma
- New Life Church at 1310 Clegg Street, Petaluma
- Guerneville Veterans Hall at 16255 First Street, Guerneville
- Monte Rio School at 20700 Foothill Drive, Monte Rio
- Windsor High School at 8695 Windsor Road, Windsor
- Casa Grande High School at 3333 Casa Grande Road, Petaluma
- Cloverdale Citrus Fair at 1 Citrus Fair Drive, Cloverdale (PEOPLE AND LARGE ANIMALS)
- Petaluma Church of Christ 370 Sonoma Mountain Parkway, Petaluma
- Petaluma New Life Church 1310 Clegg Street, Petaluma
- Victory Outreach Church 4042 Sebastopol Road, Santa Rosa (THIS SHELTER IS AT CAPACITY)
- Petaluma Community Center at 320 North McDowell Blvd, Petaluma (THIS SHELTER IS AT CAPACITY)
- Bridge Church at 301 Fulton
Red Cross is in need of volunteers to immediately assist with check-in and supply distribution and other activities as needed. Red Cross has exhausted their volunteer pool and many additional hands are now needed during this emergency.
If you are willing and able to volunteer check in with Red Cross at:
DoubleTree Rohnert Park
1 Doubletree Dr
Rohnert Park, CA 94928
*Red Cross will be stationed at the DoubleTree from 12am-6pm 10/10 and 9am-6pm 10/11
Or, Check in here: http://tinyurl.com/RedCrossVolOctober2017
VOLUNTEER CENTER OF SONOMA COUNTY
If you would like to volunteer your time/expertise or donate supplies to help those affected by the fires please email the Volunteer Center: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 707-573-3399. You'll be contacted by the County of Sonoma.
New, unused basic necessities (i.e. toothbrushes, tooth paste, underwear, socks, and etc.) can be dropped off between 8am-6pm at:
Finley Community Center
2060 W College Ave
Santa Rosa, CA 95401
*No prepared or unpackaged food will be accepted
All other items can be taken to the Salvation Army at:
93 Stony Circle, Unit D
Santa Rosa, CA 95401
- Check in/search registrants at SafeandWell.communityos.org
- Check in on Facebook.
- Call 707-565-3856 to file a missing person report.
- All Santa Rosa City Schools will be closed today and tomorrow, Monday-Wednesday October 9-11, 2017
- Santa Rosa Junior College will be closed until October 16, 2017
- Sonoma State University closed through Wednesday, October 11, 2017
BOIL WATER NOTICE: ISOLATED AREA IN FOUNTAINGROVE
Due to additional system pressure loss attributed to the Tubbs Fire, the boil water notice that was issued 10/9/2017 at 11:00pm for an isolated area of Fountaingrove is being expanded.
In addition to the precautionary notice given to residents who live East of Mendocino Avenue, North of Chanate Road, West of Fountaingrove Parkway, and South of Mark West Springs Road, the boil water notice is expanded to include all residents who access their home off of Fountaingrove Parkway on Rincon Ridge Drive, Sedgemoore Drive, Hansford Court, and Parker Hill Road.
This is an isolated incident and does not affect the entire evacuated area. Residents should not be accessing this area due to evacuation. Once evacuations have been officially lifted, residents will need to adhere to the boil water notice, unless otherwise notified in writing. All residents in the affected area must bring all water to a boil before consuming to ensure the water is safe to drink.
An alternative method of disinfection for residents that are not able to boil their water is to use fresh, unscented, liquid household bleach. To do so, add 8 drops (or 1/8 teaspoon) of bleach per gallon of clear water or 16 drops (or ¼ teaspoon) per gallon of cloudy water, mix thoroughly, and allow it to stand for 30 minutes before using. A chlorine-like taste and odor will result from this disinfection procedure and is an indication that adequate disinfection has taken place.
For a detailed map of the affected area, visit: https://srcity.org/DocumentCenter/View/17801
Please be aware that other than this identified area, the water system has not been compromised. Staff are continuing regular water quality sampling on the entire system to ensure water quality standards are met.
For more information about water quality, call 707-543-4511 or click here.
POWER AND GAS
Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) estimates more than 160 outages impacting more than 50,000 customers in Sonoma County. PG&E is coordinating closely with CalFire Incident Command, Sonoma County Emergency Operations Centers, and local elected officials to restore power as quickly as possible to areas cleared by CalFire for entry. It will likely take several days to restore power completely to all customers.
Restoring service to wastewater treatment and water treatment plants, convalescent homes, medical and first responder facilities, and maintaining clear roadways from downed lines is a top priority. To view power outage areas, PG&E’s online outage map.
IS IT A RUMOR?
Rumor: Is the evacuation center at Cook Middle School being evacuated?
Answer: No. There are still plenty of cots, food and water available for those in need.
Rumor: Is the area behind Oliver's Market on Stony Point is being evacuated?
Answer: No. There are no evacuation orders for this area.
Rumor: May I return to Oakmont?
Answer: No. All mandatory evacuation areas are still active and too dangerous for residents to return.
Rumor: Is Santa Rosa City Bus operating at full capacity?
Answer: No. CityBus is running a Saturday service schedule. There is no Route 2 (only 2B), Route 4B (only 4), Route 7, or Route 19 service. Additionally, due to the fires/first responder activities there are the following We are having to detour a few CityBus routes due the fires/first responder activities:
Route 1: Outbound from Transit Mall, will turn left on Steele Lane to get to Coddingtown Mall, with no service to Bicentennial. Will return inbound the same way.
Route 6: Will run regular route on outbound trip from Transit Mall. On inbound trip, from Steele Lane, it will make a left on Marlow Road, right on Guerneville, left on Fulton. NOTE: We are currently detouring around the Guerneville Road railroad crossing via Northcoast and Lance Drive. If you are riding this route please call our customer service line 707-543-3333.
Route 10: bus will turn around Coffey and Bluebell and return to Coddingtown (no northern loop service today)