UPDATED: Thursday, October 12, 2017, 9:34 AM
Santa Rosa Fire Info Line: 707-543-4511
For TDD, call 707-543-4536; or you may use the 711 Relay Service
For life-threatening emergencies dial 9-1-1
EVACUATION ORDERS HAVE BEEN ISSUED FOR RESIDENTS IN THE FOLLOWING SANTA ROSA NEIGHBORHOODS:
Residents need to heed evacuation orders. Evacuation means that you need to LEAVE IMMEDIATELY! Absolutely NO entry into evacuated areas is allowed while evacuations are still being enforced. CURFEW IS BEING IMPOSED IN MANDATORY EVACUATION AREAS FROM SUNSET TO SUNRISE (APPROX 6:45PM and 7:15AM).
Unfortunately, public safety cannot provide escorts into the evacuated areas. All of our resources are committed to actively fighting the fire.
Please cooperate with first responders. We are relying on you to follow these instructions to ensure your safety and the safety of our first responders.
- NEW ADVISORY AREA: From Chanate Rd. south to 4th street/Highway 12.(Details)
- NEW ADVISORY AREA: Mendocino Ave. at Lomitas Ave. spanning south and east from Franklin Ave. (at Chanate Rd.) east to the city limits including Los Alamos Rd., Melita Rd. and Montana Rd. (Details)
- Annadel Heights area, bordered north by Parktrail Drive and west by Summerfield Road
- All of Oakmont area east of Melita Road. The Nuns fire has reached the Oakmont area and Oakmont is now surrounded on all three sides by fire.
- Cross Creek Road
- Sky Farm Drive
- Saint Andrews Drive
- All residences north Fountaingrove Parkway
- Montecito Heights
- The Hopper Avenue Area West of Coffey Lane (Between Dennis Lane and Hopper Avenue to the north and south and Coffey Lane and Barnes Road to the east and west)
- All residences east of Fulton Road, between River Road and Guerneville Road
- Kaiser Permanente Hospital
- Sutter Hospital
- All residences in Rincon Valley north of Montecito Blvd from Brush Creek Road to eastern city limits at Calistoga Road
In addition the Sonoma County Sheriff has issued evacuation orders at the following areas of unincorporated Bennett Valley:
- Sonoma Mountain
- Bennett Ridge Road
- Enterprise Road.
Time permitting, turn off your gas and water.
SANTA ROSA AREA SHELTERS:
- Cook Middle School at 2480 Sebastopol Road, Santa Rosa (MEDICAL SUPPORT AVAILABLE)
- Elsie Allen High School, 599 Bellevue Avenue, Santa Rosa (MEDICAL SUPPORT AVAILABLE)
- Analy High School Gym at 6950 Analy Avenue, Sebastopol (MEDICAL SUPPORT AVAILABLE)
- Finley Community Center at 2060 West College Avenue, Santa Rosa
- Santa Rosa Veterans Building at 1351 Maple Avenue, Santa Rosa
- Sonoma County Fairgrounds - Grace and Finley Pavilions in at 1350 Bennett Valley Rd, Santa Rosa (NEAR CAPACITY-ALSO ACCEPTS LARGE ANIMALS)
OTHER KNOWN SHELTERS:
OTHER KNOWN SHELTERS
- Cloverdale Citrus Fair at 1 Citrus Fair Drive, Cloverdale (ALSO ACCEPTS LARGE ANIMALS)
- Healdsburg Community Center at 1557 Healdsburg Avenue, Healdsburg
- Monte Rio School at 20700 Foothill Drive, Monte Rio
- Casa Grande High School at 3333 Casa Grande Road, Petaluma
- Cavanaugh Youth Center at 426 8th Street, Petaluma
- Church of Christ at 370 Sonoma Mountain Parkway, Petaluma
- First Presbyterian Center at 939 B Street, Petaluma
- New Life Church at 1310 Clegg Street, Petaluma
- Petaluma Church of Christ at 370 Sonoma Mountain Parkway, Petaluma
- Petaluma Community Center at 320 North McDowell Blvd, Petaluma
- Petaluma New Life Church at 1310 Clegg Street, Petaluma
- Petaluma Veteran's Memorial Building at 1094 Petaluma Blvd South, Petaluma
- Sonoma Marin Fairgrounds at 175 Fairgrounds Drive, Petaluma (ALSO ACCEPTS LARGE ANIMALS)
- Burton Recreation Center at 5401 Snyder Lane, Rohnert Park
- Sally Tomatoes at 1100 Valley House Drive, Rohnert Park
- St. Eugene's Cathedral School/Gym at 300 Farmers Lane, Santa Rosa
- The Bridge Church at 301 Fulton, Santa Rosa
- Hessel Church at 5060 Hessel Avenue, Sebastopol
- St. Stephen's Episcopal Church at 500 Robinson Rd, Sebastopol
- Sonoma Valley High School at 20000 Broadway, Sonoma
- Windsor High School at 8695 Windsor Road, Windsor
Red Cross is in need of volunteers to immediately assist with check-in and supply distribution and other activities as needed. Red Cross has exhausted their volunteer pool and many additional hands are now needed during this emergency.
If you are willing and able to volunteer sign up at: http://tinyurl.com/RedCrossVolOctober2017
VOLUNTEER CENTER OF SONOMA COUNTY
If you would like to volunteer your time/expertise or donate supplies to help those affected by the fires please email the Volunteer Center: email@example.com or call: 707-573-3399. You'll be contacted by the County of Sonoma.
Thank you for the donations! We are currently no longer accepting supply donations at the Finley Community Center until we can disperse the donated items we have received so far.
Items can be taken to the United Way at:
975 Corporate Center Parkway, Suite 160
Santa Rosa, CA 95407
and Salvation Army
95 Stony Circle, Unit D, Santa Rosa, CA 95401
Monetary donations for fire victims are being accepted at: www.unitedwaywinecountry.org
*no perishable items
- Check in/search registrants at SafeandWell.communityos.org
- Check in on Facebook.
- Call 707-565-3856 to file a missing person report.
- All Santa Rosa City Schools will be closed until October 16, 2017
- Santa Rosa Junior College will be closed until October 16, 2017
- Sonoma State University closed until October 16, 2017
Boil water notices issued for Isolated areas in Fountaingrove and White Oak (Oakmont). Please be aware that other than this identified area, the water system has not been compromised.
Due to additional system pressure loss attributed to the fires, boil water notices have been issued for isolated areas in Fountaingrove and the White Oak neighborhood in Oakmont. See detailed notices below.
These are isolated incidents and do not affect the entire evacuated area. Residents should not be accessing evacuated areas. Once evacuations have been officially lifted, residents will need to adhere to the boil water notice, unless otherwise notified in writing. All residents in the affected area must bring all water to a boil before consuming to ensure the water is safe to drink.
An alternative method of disinfection for residents that are not able to boil their water is to use fresh, unscented, liquid household bleach. To do so, add 8 drops (or 1/8 teaspoon) of bleach per gallon of clear water or 16 drops (or ¼ teaspoon) per gallon of cloudy water, mix thoroughly, and allow it to stand for 30 minutes before using. A chlorine-like taste and odor will result from this disinfection procedure and is an indication that adequate disinfection has taken place.
Please be aware that other than this identified area, the water system has not been compromised. Staff are continuing regular water quality sampling on the entire system to ensure water quality standards are met.
For more information about water quality, call 707-543-4511.
POWER AND GAS
Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) estimates more than 160 outages impacting more than 50,000 customers in Sonoma County. PG&E is coordinating closely with CalFire Incident Command, Sonoma County Emergency Operations Centers, and local elected officials to restore power as quickly as possible to areas cleared by CalFire for entry. It will likely take several days to restore power completely to all customers.
To view power outage areas, PG&E’s online outage map.
Restoration of Power and Gas by PG&E
PG&E is restoring gas in Santa Rosa today (10/11) and access to meters is critical in the gas restoration efforts. If your gas meter is behind a locked gate and you cannot be home to let a gas professional in, please call PG&E to let us know at 1-800-743-5000. PG&E is currently assessing the extent of damage as first responders grant permission to safely access areas. Assessing the following:
- Access and safety of the area
- Damage to gas facilities
In order to restore gas service, gas crews must conduct a thorough assessment of damaged infrastructure and on-site inspections at each customer home and business. We want to stress the importance of how critical access to meters is to the gas restoration process. If your gas meter is behind a locked gate and you cannot let a gas professional in, please call PG&E at 1-800-743-5000.
IS IT A RUMOR?
Rumor: Residents can return to evacuated areas with their ID.
Answer: No. Some radio stations have reported that people may return to their homes in evacuated areas to retrieve things. ALL evacuated areas are to remain evacuated. Law enforcement have secured the area and will not be allowing people into the evacuated areas for your safety.
Rumor: Is the fairgrounds shelter being evacuated?
Answer: No.The fairgrounds is still sheltering people and is not being evacuated.
Rumor: Is the evacuation center at Cook Middle School being evacuated?
Answer: No. There are still plenty of cots, food and water available for those in need.
Rumor: Is the area behind Oliver's Market on Stony Point being evacuated?
Answer: No. There are no evacuation orders for this area.
Rumor: May I return to Oakmont?
Answer: No. All mandatory evacuation areas are still active and too dangerous for residents to return.
Rumor: Is Santa Rosa City Bus operating at full capacity?
Answer: No.CityBus is operating on a Saturday schedule through the end of the week, with service free of charge
Rumor: Will plain-clothed officers be evacuating residents?
Answer: No. Law enforcement offers with any agency will be in full uniform.
The following detours will continue until further notice:
Route 1: Outbound from Transit Mall, the bus will turn left on Steele Lane to get to Coddingtown Mall, with no service to Bicentennial. The bus will return the same way.
Route 10: Bus will turn around at Coffey and Bluebell and return to Coddingtown (no northern loop service).
Route 8: buses cannot serve all of Bennett Valley due to evacuation. Buses will travel south on Summerfield, turn right onto Hoen Avenue, right onto Yulupa Avenue to return inbound.
Because CityBus is operating on a Saturday service schedule, the following routes are not operating:
- Route 2 (only 2B is operating)
- Route 4B (only 4 is operating)
- Route 7
- Route 19
As conditions allow, additional services will resume operation.