Hey Bay Area bands / singer-songwriters / singing guitarists / fiddlers / persons who stand in front of microphones and sing their hearts out (and all other talented people that qualify) - time is running out to enter your video of an original song in NPR Music's Tiny Desk Contest!
You only have until 11:59 pm (Eastern), Sunday March 25th, to get your entry in to NPR Music's "Tiny Desk Contest!"
Previous winners will tell you - your video doesn't have to be anything fancy: Tank and The Bangas filmed their video on an iPhone in their friend’s classroom. Gaelynn Lea filmed her video on a cell phone in her office with her practice amp. Fantastic Negrito filmed his video in one take with an iPad in a freight elevator.
Check out some of this year's entries - they were featured on the All Songs Considered blog recently:
- Nina and The Hold Tight’s fraught and urgent blues passage toward understanding
- Aubrey Hays’ incredible voice and vulnerability
- Alisa Amador’s giddy freedom that lights up the room
- PermanENT iNK and The Blueprint's individual energy that creates a cohesive groove
- Quinn Christopherson braving an outdoor ice rink in memory of a powerful woman
- Stan Taylor’s soulful flare and swag that’s telepathically in sync
- Joe Holt’s heartfelt reckoning of privilege through balance and affirmation
Oh - and did we mention that Bay Area Tiny Desk Contest winner Fantastic Negrito won a Grammy for Best Contemporary Blues Album in 2017? Something to think about.
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR??? GO MAKE YOUR TINY DESK VIDEO, THEN GO HERE TO GET YOUR ENTRY STARTED - NOW!
If you want to see some of the other entries this year, you can check them out here.
The 2018 Tiny Desk Contest is open for entries until Mar. 25, 2018. Read the Official Rules for all the contest requirements.